Insurance for Mechanics in Fairfax, VA
Mechanics provide essential services for vehicles that belong to individuals and businesses. Whether they need assistance with a simple issue or a substantial repair, your expertise can help them get back on the road.
As with any business, working as a mechanic comes with risks and liabilities, including potential property damage and injuries. The agents at Transworld Insurance Group can help you secure the coverage you need to help mitigate these exposures. Contact us today for more information.
Coverages for Mechanics
Some of the types of insurance that are available to mechanics include:
- Garage general liability insurance—This insurance may provide coverage for damage caused by faulty work or injuries to third parties that occur on your premises.
- Garagekeepers liability insurance—This coverage may provide protection for your customers’ vehicles while they are under your care if they are damaged by a covered event. In some areas, it may be known as storage location insurance.
- Commercial auto insurance—Commercial auto insurance may provide coverage if your shop owns or uses vehicles as part of your operations. It may cover liabilities and property damage that result from auto accidents.
- Commercial property insurance—This may help protect your business’s assets (e.g., your building and its furnishings) if they are damaged by covered perils. Coverage may also be available for your tools and equipment.
- Business interruption insurance—If a covered event (e.g., fire) forces you to halt your operations temporarily, business interruption insurance may cover ongoing expenses such as your mortgage/rent, wages and utilities.
- Workers’ compensation insurance—This coverage may provide coverage if an employee suffers a work-related injury or illness. Workers’ compensation insurance may pay for medical expenses or provide wage replacement.
Depending on your operation’s needs other coverages may be available, including:
- Equipment breakdown insurance
- Products/complete operations coverage
- Environmental liability insurance
- Cyber liability Insurance
Your agent can discuss available policies, coverages, limits and exclusions. Contact us for more information.
How Much Does Insurance for Mechanics Cost?
The cost of insurance for mechanics varies. Several factors, including the size and location of your business, selected premiums and claims history, may influence costs.
Contact Us Today
Transworld Insurance Group is ready to help you find the coverages you need at the best value. Contact us today
for additional information or a quote.