Watercraft & Boat Insurance
Watercraft & Boat Insurance Quote Forms
Looking for coverage? Click any of the following links to submit a quote for quick, accurate and affordable rates.
Watercraft & Boat Insurance Information
Boats are a great way to enjoy the water with family and friends. Whether it’s fishing, waterskiing, or simply relaxing on a pontoon, boating is a favorite recreation.
Small boats, such as canoes or unmotorized boats, may be covered under the personal property portion of your homeowners insurance policy. However, more significant, faster boats need separate boat insurance. This coverage can protect your boat, motor, equipment and passengers.
Boat insurance typically has similar coverage to auto insurance and includes:
- Physical damage—This can insure your boat, motor, boat trailer, boat equipment (e.g., anchors, oars, fuel tanks, life jackets, dinghies, tools) and other personal property against theft, accidental loss or damages.
- Liability—Two principal liability coverages typically included are:
- Personal liability—Boat insurance typically may offer protection for legal liability. Up to your policy’s limit, it may pay the legal obligations imposed upon you due to an accident resulting from your watercraft’s ownership, maintenance, or use, including bodily injury, property damage and legal defense.
- Property damage liability—This type of liability coverage may provide protection for damages you or a covered policy member cause to a third party or their property while operating your boat.
- Medical payments—May pay medical expenses up to the limits in the policy, including the insured’s boating-related medical expenses from an accident arising out of the ownership, maintenance or use of the boat.
Additional Coverage Is Available
Additional types of insurance coverage can provide even more protection for your boat, including:
- Emergency service may enable you to pay reasonable costs for specified emergency service to your boat, motor or boat trailer.
- Reasonable repairs may cover repairs incurred to protect your covered property from further damage.
- Wreck removal may enable you to pay for expenses sustained for any attempted or actual raising, removal or destruction of your boat from an insured loss when the law requires your wreck removal.
- Umbrella liability may provide additional coverage for home, auto and boat.
Your boat insurance policy depends on the type of boat and its use, the type of coverage you want, and if you add any supplemental coverage.
Is Boat Insurance Worth Getting?
Accidents can happen no matter how much you prepare. Boat insurance provides you with a financial safeguard, enabling you to have fun on the water without worrying about how your finances will be affected if you have a covered incident. Call Transworld Insurance Group at 703-591-6668 to obtain affordable coverage tailored to your needs.